Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Chicago was truly a VERY windy city, but it was beautiful!

I'm back from Chicago, but alas.....I have yet to post my photographs because of not having my whatcha ma call-it......OH YES!.....my camera cord lol. But yeah, so anywho, I'm going to be posting them as soon as I get back to Columbus.

Chicago was wonderful though. It was the best 24 hours ever. I will give a little insight though to my trip a little bit later in this post. I do have to say though I love that city so very much. It was absolutely wonderful and the L is so much fun to be on and so incredibly easy.... but walking is always the way to go. You can walk so far and not even realize it. Thats what we did most of the times except for monday night....but geeze la weeze we wouldn't have made it back in one piece probably. But yeah, it was wonderful but so expensive. If I ever do get a job out there, which I really would like to have, I would probably have to live outside of the city just because of charlotte. I mean my god there is no green space whatsoever. Like at al...there is almost none at all. And its so loud that Char wouldn't like it all either. Just not a place for my puppalup. I do want to work there someday though.

Here is a run down of what went down though...times are a little iffy.........but I'll just give a quick run down of what happened on my trip


->@ 3:30pm we got there, found parking and then went a walking
-> went to the top of the Sear's Tower
-> Walked around and photographed a little, but not much (saw the Chicago Stock Exchange and a really cute italian place near it)
-> found a pizza place ( Boni Vino) that was good, but left the wax paper in between the dough and the sauce GROSS
-> saw Aaron and Chrissy while we were eating dinner...it was hilarious that it was such a small little world at that moment
-> learned how to ride the Red Line up to the Magnificent Mile
-> went to the best Victoria Secrets and WhiteHouse-BlackMarket I had ever seen
-> rode the Red Line back and met Samantha at her hotel (which just happened to be the same place Aaron and Chrissy stayed)
-> with aaron, chrissy and sam we rode the Blue Line to "Blue Line" bar on Dameon street and preceded to get really drunk by aide of a 7.50 martini, $2 PBRs, and then like 4 rounds of $1 jello shots (with help from the bartender)
->parted ways with aaron and chrissy (party poopers) walked to "Flat Iron Bar", got a $5 shot/beer combo
-> Sam got her tarot cards read in this place across the street while Tom and I sat in this woman's living room playing with her little yippy dog while we were drunk and then her friends/family sat at a dinner table playing cards and drinking Beringer
-> Went back to the bar and stayed there till REALLY REALLY late (it closed at 4 and we probably stayed till 3) and I ended up giving my card to the bartender since he was going to be in COlumbus on Fri. and I wanted to be hospitable at the time
-> bought Sam some Cloves and got crap from the Indian guy at the little convenient store because I was so drunk
-> Sam decided she wanted to walk further, but i made her turn around
-> We took the Blue Line (its 24hrs) back downtown and the car had a person in each row that was asleep...only one person was awake
-> we made it back downtown, went to a 24hr place to grab coffee and the decided not to because it was creepy
-> went back to the hotel and stole pillows and blankets out of the "guest services closest" to crash on sam's floor even though her roommate did not want that whatsoever (this is at 4:30am)
-> woke up at 7am and went to Caribou and just walked around a little near Millennium Park to sober up
-> walked to the Magnificent Mile and photographed and such along the way...buying something for Mel and Me at XXI
-> went into the Disney Store AND NIEMAN MARCUS!!!!! it was amazing. I tried on a 5,000 gown that was right beside a beautiful Oscar de l'Rente. BEAUTIFUL!
-> went to Giordana's and had a famous Chicago deepdish pizza that was like eating a small baby. It was great.
-> walked back to the car and on the way gave a homeless guy some change
-> got FREE parking somehow. It could have been because we got it validated at Columbia College's art gallery which was sweet
-> drove home and split the drive half and half. I woke up just in time for Cecil to decide to take us on the back roads of illinois to get us home....I think she was pissed because we wouldn't listen to her all the time.



The trip was amazing. We're going back.

No comments: