Thursday, December 19, 2013

Snowflakes and why photographers should save everything

Two years ago, on November 29, 2011, I was working on an idea for my first Christmas card to send out to my friends and family. I sent out a pretty adorable Christmas card (if I do say so myself) using an ornament an old friend gave me, snowflakes my mom had made for a photograph I took two years prior, and a piece of fabric that I simply liked the color of. Going along with my usual photographic process, I took a ton of shots slowly building into the winning shot. Along with that winning shot, I took some other photographs that I felt were good, but not that great and I liked having the robot hanging out anyways.

To this day, I still have every single frame I took and all the props (especially my snowflakes) that were used. Sometimes I feel like I'm hoarding, but then something pops up, like a Christmas email blast for my work, where these things may come in handy -- like one of my favorite shots of the snowflakes which we are now using on our Christmas card.


Basically, what I'm saying is save everything... you'll never know when you may need it again! : )


Snowflake Shot that I took during my Christmas Card shoot on November 29, 2011

Christmas card that I photographed on November 29, 2011.

No comments: