Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Sun and the Moon

sunflower-moon-petal

This evening, I’m only going to share one photo. Mainly because I’ve been working since 5am (oh dawn shoots!) and am really anxious for dinner to FINALLY be done.

This image has two very special meanings for me.
First, this happened by accident while photographing the flowers that MustacheMachine had surprised me with when I returned from a work trip a few weeks back. Sadly, I was only able to spend a little bit of time with my beautiful present, but it brightened up my day regardless. Getting this happy little accident with the extra flower petal was pure magic.
Second, this image reminded me instantly of something that would be found in “Le Petit Prince”, by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. This happens to be my little sister, @melanieadavis​ ‘s favorite book. And one of my definite all time favorites. Oddly enough, on my wedding day, we both unknowingly gifted each other with the exact same quote. It was amazing.

So, for all you dreamers out there just remember:
“...here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”

No comments: